Scholarships and Exhibitions
Sixth Form Scholarships and Exhibitions for Entry in September 2018
Old Palace offers a range of scholarships available for entry to the Sixth Form. These are available to current students and those applying to join the School for Year 12. As a selective school students who receive an award are of outstanding calibre.
We offer both Academic Scholarships and Exhibitions which cover up to 50% of the fees. We offer approximately 20 Scholarships and Exhibitions and competition is therefore fierce.
Academic Scholarships are offered to those students whose performance, in all aspects of the application process, is outstanding.
Exhibitions are awarded to those students who, having performed highly in the scholarship examination, demonstrate outstanding talent in Art, Dance, Design and Technology, Drama or Music.
Students may apply for both an Academic Scholarship and an Exhibition but only one of these may be awarded. The application consists of a personal statement and an application form.
Personal Statements should be typed using Arial 12 and not exceed one side of A4.
Your personal statement should include:
• your reasons for choosing Old Palace and your particular subjects
• why you should be awarded the Academic Scholarship or Exhibition
• details of any work experience or voluntary work you have completed and what you have gained from these experiences
• details of any community service in which you have been involved
• involvement in master classes, Palace Group activities or other Gifted and Talented programs
• details of any accreditation received for extra-curricular activities
• details of non-accredited skills and achievements that you have gained through activities and clubs beyond school
• details of any positions of responsibility that you have held and a summary of your leadership experiences
• your future plans.
If you are an international student, also include:
• why you want to study in the UK
• an indication of your ability in English
Applications must be delivered to the School for the attention of Mrs A Parris/Mrs H Gard, Admissions Registrars, by 13:00 on Monday 6 November 2017.
Applications arriving after this time and date will not be considered.
All applicants will sit the two hour written Examination. No specific preparation is required for this examination.
Those applying for Exhibitions will complete a practical assessment with the relevant Subject Leader. Candidates are required to supply a portfolio of evidence (certificates, awards, photographs of performance, etc.) and undertake an appropriate practical demonstration.
Candidates, who perform to the expected standard, will be invited with their parents to Formal Interviews with the Deputy Head.
Conditional offers for the Academic Scholarships and Exhibitions will be made after the interview and confirmed once GCSE results are published.
Should you have any queries regarding Academic Scholarships or Exhibitions, please contact Mrs A Parris/Mrs H Gard, Admissions Registrars on 0208 688 3863.
|Key Dates Action required||Date|
|Deadline for applications||13:00 Monday 6 November 2017|
|Scholarship Examination||14:00 - 16:00 Saturday 11 November 2017|
|Practical Assessment for Exhibitions||Week commencing 13 November 2017|
|Scholarship/Exhibition Interviews with Head and Deputy head for shortlisted candidates||Week commencing 13 November 2017|
|Offers posted||Monday 4 December 2017|
|Closing Date for Acceptance of Scholarships and Exhibitions||Thursday 11 January 2018|